HOW TO APPLY
1. Standard volunteer programme, vet externships, and the One Health research programme (2017)
If the wildlife veterinary or rehabilitation course is included in a longer stay,a £200 supplement is applied. So, for example,if you do the vet course followed by two weeks volunteering at the Wildlife Centre or on our One Health project, then the cost in both cases is £1,891 (£1,691 + £200). If you choose to do one of the courses without extending your stay with us, the costs are:
- Wildlife rehabilitation course: £800/$1038
- Wildlife veterinary course: £1000/$1298
- 2 or 4 Bed Private Chalet – £20/$26 per night for up to 2 people plus £12/$15 per additional person
- Shared Chalet – £12/$15 per night
- Airport transfers not scheduled for a Tuesday cost £30/$39 one way
3. Research placements
There are different pricing structures for research projects, including BSc, MSc and PhD placements. Pleaseemail email@example.com for more information.
Where does the money go?
All of the money raised through our volunteer programme, after costs, goes directly into the Wildlife Centre and its associated projects – without you the Wildlife Centre would not be able to continue to operate! Your donation means that we can continue to take in animals, feed and provide the essential medical care that they need, and pay local wages. Note that proceeds from the vet externship and One Health programmes go towards supporting the Wildlife Emergency Response Unit.
Other useful information
- All placements start and end on a Tuesday. It is possible to arrive or leave on a different day, but there is an extra $30 airport transfer fee, and you may miss out on some of the useful inductions.
- Any 2018 bookings made before 31 August 2017 will be at 2017 prices. 2018 prices will increase by 5%.
- Whats included in your cost:
- All meals and unlimited tea, coffee and drinking water
- Transfers to and from the airport and all work related transport
- Wifi, t shirt and local SIM card
- Orientation and training in all relevant departments, plus full support from the Volunteer Coordinator during your stay.
- What’s not included in your cost:
- Vaccinations, travel and medical insurance
- Visa ($75 single entry 30 day visa, plus extensions every 30 days = $10)
- Additional excursion, nights out, souvenirs and personal expenses such as soft drinks, beers, snacks.
- We recommend bringing out a little extra to spend on drinks, meals out and souvenirs. £30 a week should more than cover these, depending on your lifestyle. As an idea of costs for extra trips, you will need about £65-£125 if you want to take a trip to Lake Malawi, dependent on accommodation and activities. A 3 day safari to Zambia would be around £350.
- We get fully booked very quickly especially in peak periods and to avoid disappointment we can only guarantee your place when a £200 holding deposit is paid. A final deposit is due 2 months prior to arrival and then the rest needs to be paid in cash when you arrive.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an enquiry pack and application form, or fill in the form below,