Students who are looking to conduct research as part of their BSc or Masters degree, or who wish to conduct their industrial, PTY or professional training overseas placement can apply to undertake student research. LWT can assist with shaping a research topic, providing access to locations and logistical support, but the research itself needs to be self-directed and you will need to secure your own supervisor. We would encourage you to get in touch and have a chat with our team to explore research ideas as a first step.
Dependent on individual research project requirements (1-12 months)
BSc, MSc, MRes or DVM students
Your time with us will be directed by your research project. A few examples of research projects students have done with us in the past:
- Assessment of the release of rehabilitated vervet monkeys (Chlorocebus pygerythrus rufoviridus) in Kasungu National Park.
- Stress and parasitism in translocated vervet monkeys (Chlorocebus pygerythrus) in Malawi.
- Factors influencing the presence of blue monkeys (Cercopithecus mitis) in naturally fragmented Afromontane forest patches in Nyika National Park.
- Pre-release enrichment strategies to stimulate natural behaviour in common duiker and common genets.
- Surveillance for African Swine Fever vectors in pig kholas around Kuti Wildlife Reserve.
|No. of months||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12|