Redevelopments at Lilongwe Wildlife Centre
We are redeveloping the facilities at Lilongwe Wildlife Centre for the benefit of both its animal residents and visitors. Supported by a range of donors and partners, the Project GreenHeart redevelopment initiative is part of Lilongwe City Council’s vision to develop an ecological corridor through the heart of the capital city. It will turn the Centre into a leading eco-tourist destination and build the status of Lilongwe as an emerging green city in Southern Africa.
PROJECT GREENHEART GOALS
New facilities at Lilongwe Wildlife Centre include:
- A new environmental education centre providing inspiring and immersive learning experiences for youth of all ages
- A new accommodation building for volunteers
- A 6km network of nature trails through the forest featuring educational signage and a series of wildlife sculptures made from recycled metal and plastic
- Two elevated boardwalks, providing beautiful views over the Lingadzi River
- New wildlife sanctuary facilities, including a new veterinary clinic, orphan care unit and enclosures for rescued animals
- Improved management of the indigenous forest
How you can help
We are seeking support from individuals and organisations to help us achieve our vision. If you would like to be part of this exciting project and play a role in building a safer, greener Malawi, please get in touch at email@example.com. We’d love to explore ideas with you.
There are a number of ways you can support us.