Hospitality & Marketing Manager
Work Location: Kuti Wildlife Reserve, Salima
Reports to: General Manager
Start date: to be discussed May/June 2019
The primary focus of the Hospitality & Marketing Manager is to be the face of Kuti and to ensure a high standard of service delivery to Kuti Wildlife Reserve guests. Key areas of work include hosting of guest, managing the hospitality staff (restaurant, bar, housekeeping) organizing events, and promoting Kuti to ensure a constant stream of revenue.
Hospitality duties and responsibilities
Working under the direction of the GM (General Manager) the Hospitality & Marketing Manager responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following:
- Welcoming and hosting guests.
- Manage Kuti’s accommodation – room checks, decoration, provision of supplies, pest control and general quality control including reporting maintenance issues.
- Management of housekeeping staff including supervising daily tasks and managing days off.
- Management of kitchen staff, developing menus and ensure the best service possible.
- Stock taking of the bar, restaurant and Volunteer Centre kitchen and reporting on occupancies.
- Organizing and managing events for all Kuti’s target groups.
- Compiling of weekly sales and occupancy reports in line with company requirements submitted to the GM
Marketing duties and responsibilities
- In charge of all social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram).
- Maintain and update Kuti website.
- Perpetual marketing of Kuti facilities and activities.
- Compiling of monthly newsletters.
- Designing of marketing material- pamphlets, booklets, posters etc.
Education and/or Work Experience requirements
- This is a customer service position requiring a sociable, approachable and emotionally mature character with a high level of personal energy.
- Previous experience in hospitality and tourism, particularly in Africa and or with wildlife.
- A good level of organization is required to work autonomously & to multi-task.
- Experience with basic accounting or an aptitude with numbers is desirable.
- Must be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude and be a great team player.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Willing to commit for at least two years. Any shorter commitment will not be considered.
This is an entry-level position with a 6-month probation period.