Today we attempted to relocate our clan of four hyaenas but were unfortunately met with some major hiccups! The rains came late this year and we’ve been experiencing some flash flooding across the country. And, as fate would have it, on the morning of the scheduled release the rains came out in force here in Lilongwe and all the way down to the release site in Liwonde NP, making the intended journey far too dangerous to be made today. We have unfortunately had to postpone our hyaena release until we can be assured that the roads are in a suitable condition. So for now, we wait!
Find out more about the joint carnivore project here